- Application Projects
- Biomedical Engg
- Cloud Computing
- Data Mining
- DB knowledge & Data Application
- Dependable & Secure Computing
- Finger Prints Authentication
- Grid Computing
- Image Processing
- Information forensics and security
- Intelligent System
- Internet Computing
- Knowledge & Data Engineering
- Mobile Computing
- Mobile Technology
- Networking & Network Security
- Parallel and Distributed System
- Pattern Analysis & Machine Intelligence
- Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society
- Visualization & Computer graphics
- Web Conference
- Web Intelligence & Intelligent Agent Tech
- Web Security and privacy
- Web Service
- Wireless Communication
A web service is a service offered by an electronic device to another electronic device, communicating with each other via the world wide web. In a Web service, Web technology such as HTTP, originally designed for human-to-machine communication, is utilized for machine-to-machine communication, more specifically for transferring machine readable file formats such as XML and JSON. . In practice, the web service typically provides an web-based interface to a database server, utilized for example by another web server, or by a mobile application, that provides a user interface to the end user. IEEE project center chennai
Web services may use SOAP over HTTP protocol, allowing less costly interactions over the Internet than via proprietary solutions like EDI/B2B. Besides SOAP over HTTP, web services can also be implemented on other reliable transport mechanisms like FTP.
We can identify two major classes of web service:
REST-compliant web services, in which the primary purpose of the service is to manipulate XML representations of web resources using a uniform set of “stateless” operations. arbitrary web services, in which the service may expose an arbitrary set of operations
How Does a Web Service Work?
A web service enables communication among various applications by using open standards such as HTML, XML, WSDL, and SOAP. A web service takes the help of:
- XML to tag the data
- SOAP to transfer a message
- WSDL to describe the availability of service.
You can build a Java-based web service on Solaris that is accessible from your Visual Basic program that runs on Windows.
You can also use C# to build new web services on Windows that can be invoked from your web application that is based on JavaServer Pages (JSP) and runs on Linux.
Components of Web Services
The basic web services platform is XML + HTTP. All the standard web services work using the following components
- SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol)
- UDDI (Universal Description, Discovery and Integration)
- WSDL (Web Services Description Language)